Vincenzo decided he loved typography when he was an altar boy, fascinated with the combination and layouts of types and illustration.
He studied Visual Arts in Italy and now leads the design team in Lippincott’s Hong Kong office, creating design programs for a wide range of enterprises in the Asia Pacific region including Doosan, Kia, Samsung and China CITIC Bank International.
- Being a Lippincott’er means:
Striving for excellence and innovation in our work, and having great fun doing it.
- What gets you out of bed in the morning?
Knowing I will support my family and free the world of ugly graphics.
- If you weren’t in this profession, what would you be?
An archeologist or philosopher, because I like to find connections and make sense of them.
- Have you made any significant left turns in life?
Yes, I nearly killed myself in a car crash due to extreme fatigue. Sleep is now “sacrosanct.”
- What’s your favorite thing about the place you call home?
The cross-cultural dimension, the contrast of progress and tradition, the “can do” attitude.
- Who has influenced you most in your career?
Henry Steiner, who taught me how to remix cultural ideas.
- Who would you change places with for a day?
No one. I am happy with what I have.
Institute for Visual Arts, Italy
Creative Director, Landor Hong Kong