Senior Associate, Brand Strategy
As a Brand Strategy team member, you will use strategic, analytical, and creative thinking regularly. You will have the opportunity to consult with clients across industries, throughout the world and on a range of firm capabilities (e.g., positioning, brand architecture, naming, and customer experience).
As a Senior Associate, you will be responsible for structuring and managing the case in terms of thinking and project management. You will use business knowledge, past experience, and case team resources effectively to address client challenges and fulfill project deliverables. You will be viewed as an authority on research findings and implications, with the team looking to you for ideas on solutions and recommendation territories. You will help guide the case delivery, often owning specific modules of the project and being responsible for managing the thought development and process to get there. You will have the opportunity to shape the perception of some of the world’s leading brands, impacting changes in the global marketplace.
In your day to day, you will:
Manage Time, Clients, and Projects
- Supervise the development of potential brand strategy opportunities based on client business strategy / vision, industry and competitive dynamics, best practice analysis and customer insights
- Structure project work plans and guide team workflow, while motivating, developing, and guiding more junior team members
- Effectively communicate with both internal case teams and external client teams, playing a significant role in formal and informal client presentations
- Conduct in-depth interviews with clients and their customers
- Help manage client expectations
- Manage case team resources (e.g., talent, IC, budget)
- Develop client relationships, keeping an eye out for business development opportunities
Creatively and Strategically Build Ideas
- Quickly pick up skills and knowledge in new areas, leveraging the client and firm resources effectively
- Collaborate with other consultants and designers to explore alternatives and develop thinking (e.g., informal brainstorming sessions, gathering of firm best practices)
- Develop storyboards and identify applicable frameworks for client presentations
- Manage and analyze quantitative and qualitative customer / prospect research, partnering with analytics specialists as appropriate
Who You Are:
- At least 8 years of full-time experience in consulting, business strategy, or brand strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; MBA or equivalent is welcomed, but not required
- Ability to think creatively, while building on and relating work to past experience
- Outstanding presentation, writing, and interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of both internal and client organizations
- Strong project management abilities
Passionate and Motivated
- Excellent business intuition, ability to connect the dots, and understand client implications
- Ability to thrive in team situations, enthusiastically contributing thinking that enhances and/or confronts key assumptions, and understanding how to successfully leverage junior and senior team members
- A passion for problem solving, creative expression, and improving the way companies relate to customers
- A willingness to push your thinking, attack issues from multiple angles, and stretch yourself to provide outstanding brand ideas to clients
- An appetite for learning and wrestling with challenging topics across a diverse range of clients/ industries
- Self-motivation and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and autonomously
Serving as an Example
- Strong advisory and leadership skills with experience enthusiastically building, guiding, motivating, and inspiring teams, providing supervision and mentorship
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams and deliver on a vision
- Hold yourself and your work to a very high standard, pushing ideas further to challenge yourself, your colleagues, and our clients’ ways of thinking
- Constructively participate as part of a project team, bringing optimism and a collaborative spirit to build on and nurture ideas
- Desire to proactively seek constructive feedback and input to develop your knowledge, skills, and thinking
Lippincott is a creative consultancy specializing in brand and innovation. We have a passion for solving our clients’ toughest challenges with a proven combination of strategic rigor and design excellence. A pioneer since 1943, we have shaped some of the world’s most iconic brands and experiences.
We recognize the benefits of flexibility but also value the interactions that happen when we come together. Our new hybrid working model allows individuals to set their own cadence for working in their preferred environment with the expectation that they will be spending at least half of their time in their local office each month.
Who We Are, Together…
We embody key values that drive our culture. We demand better, reach higher, and expect more of ourselves and our colleagues. We demonstrate gratitude, offer support, and embrace optimism every day. We celebrate debate, discussion, disagreement, and feedback, with an open mind to new ways of thinking and doing. We act with passion, intention, and goodwill while building on and elevating everyone’s contributions and sharing in our collective success.
In our pursuit to make it meaningful, we want our people to feel heard, respected and valued through our words and actions – goals we can only achieve with a sustained commitment to inclusion, diversity and belonging. We seek the best and brightest ideas from a diverse representation of backgrounds and experiences because we know that is what it takes to continuously push the boundaries, solve our clients’ most complex challenges, and foster an inspiring culture of rigorous creativity. We celebrate and leverage our differences and our commonalities, so everyone feels safe, supported, and encouraged to be wide open, to say “yes, and!” and to demand better of ourselves and one another. We aspire to be positive role models for inclusion at an individual level, corporate level, and societal level.
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace of which we can all be proud.