As a core member of Oliver Wyman's Studio team, Dustin helps business leaders better understand their customers and translate those insights into products, services, and experiences they love.
- Which projects have been the most meaningful to you and why?
My favorite projects are those where we get to work directly with real customers. We learn more in an hour by observing and asking questions than we ever could in a board room white-boarding on our own.
- What gets you out of bed in the morning?
Coffee, and lots of it.
- What’s your favorite thing about the place you call home?
The garden my husband and I have created on our Manhattan rooftop. We don't have green thumbs, but are pretty darn proud of our clementine trees!
If your hands aren't dirty, change won't happen.
- Where do you find your inspiration and source of creativity?
My friends and colleagues. I'm lucky enough to be surrounded by some of the most inspiring folks I know at home and at work!
- What’s changed the most about the industry, work, or clients?
The more classic "analyze and report" model just doesn't cut it. Impact is achieved by "building" something with our clients - that can be anything from a new product, to a new operating model or organization.
- Do you have any inventions rolling around in your head?
Personal parachutes, that you can take on domestic flights. Who needs a life jacket under their seat when you have a parachute?
B.E.Sc. Chemical Engineering, University of Western Ontario
H.B.A. Business Administration, Richard Ivey School of Business