Lippincott’s brand voice team plays a pivotal role in expressing who a brand is, and how they connect with customers. Our team consists of poets, publishers, copywriters, and food critics, who work collaboratively and creatively to define unique voices for some of America’s most iconic brands.
As a Creative Writing Intern, you’ll use your writing skills and passion for words and work with both strategists and designers to identify opportunities to connect with customers across their journey and to solve our client’s strategic brand building needs.
Who you are:
- You’re an exceptional writer who loves connecting through language
- You’re a team player who enjoys collaborating with others through the creative process
- You have an eye for design and pushing the limits of storytelling
- You’re an advocate for the individual and strive to communicate with empathy
- You’re passionate and optimistic
On an average day, you will:
- Write creatively compelling and strategically minded copy, from video scripts to app screens to brand manifestos
- Assist in researching and auditing brand communications to identify opportunities for improvement
- Support the creation of brand voice guidelines for clients
- Clearly articulate ideas, share research findings and explain thought process to cross-disciplinary team members — both in writing and in person
What you’ll bring:
- Either pursuing or having recently completed a bachelor's or master's degree in creative writing, poetry, the humanities or a related discipline
- Proven writing experience, versatile writing style, and ability to deliver a range of voices in writing across a variety of communication channels
- An unparalleled work ethic and a desire to enhance and grow your skill set
- A passion for written expression with the focus of connecting with an audience
- Ability to produce creative results independently as well as collaboratively
- Demanding, optimistic and enthusiastic mindset
- Understand varied brands, industries and cultures
- Knowledge of foreign language(s) a plus
Please ensure that you submit your online portfolio along with your application and clarify your availability in your application.