At Lippincott, we tell our clients that marketing must lead if they want to see their organizations impact the world in meaningful ways. Fortunately, we practice what we preach and have designed a marketing function that has a seat at the table – helping the firm and its clients innovate in new ways and drive growth through the power of brand.
As the Marketing Director at Lippincott, you will report to the CMO and be responsible for setting the strategy and driving the execution of the firm’s global marketing and brand building efforts. Key areas of oversight include digital marketing, social media, lead generation, public relations, editorial and content strategy, thought leadership, events, sales activation and marketing analytics.
You will play a critical role in shaping the Lippincott brand for the future and driving demand among our CMO target audience across B2B and B2C companies. This is an opportunity to represent the company behind some of the biggest brands in the world – from Starbucks and Samsung to Delta and Walmart. The role is fast-paced, multi-faceted and offers the ability to work alongside some of the brightest minds in strategy, design and innovation. In addition, you will get the chance to collaborate with the broader global marketing team at management consulting leader, Oliver Wyman – Lippincott’s parent company.
- Develop our marketing strategy
- In close collaboration with the CMO and Lippincott’s Management Team, establish the marketing strategy, including brand positioning, expression, clear articulation of messaging, key channels, investments, partnerships, etc.
- Develop the annual marketing plan with the tactics to drive the marketing strategy forward
- Work closely with new business development and practice teams (in strategy, design and innovation) to align marketing activities with client and growth goals
- Improve Lippincott’s digital marketing capabilities
- Drive our marketing strategy
- Partner with writers, designers and content experts on the production and publication of articles, case studies, outbound communications, lead gen efforts and thought leadership
- Raise the profile of our clients and our work through PR, events and packaging work for web and distribution
- Raise the profile of Lippincott experts through the development of industry presentations, speeches and other promotional levers
- Work closely with new business to track the effectiveness of different vehicles and recommend changes going forward
- Lead the marketing department
- Oversee the daily operations of the marketing team to ensure that the team is functioning at a high level while exceeding goals and objectives
- Support Lippincott’s growth by developing and mentoring marketing talent
What you’ll bring:
- A bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts of Marketing/Communications
- A minimum of 9 years of relevant experience in corporate marketing and communications, preferably within professional services, an agency or marketing services firm
- The ability to collaborate with and influence more senior audiences
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Prior experience managing a small team and driving execution
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- A desire to stay organized, achieve goals, act and get results
- A passion for marketing, an appreciation of design and a desire to stay in front of the trends shaping business as we know it