We’re in the business of creating new ideas to solve problems that matter, encouraging brands to constantly push the boundaries on how they deliver value. Our teams focus on understanding the shifting consumer behaviors and the market disruptions to identify possibilities, invent creative solutions, and accelerate those ideas through to reality.
We work closely with some of the world’s top brands to advance their missions. We craft bold, purpose-driven ideas that empower brands remain innovative, and keep customers coming back time and again.
We are looking for a Sr. Design Director, User Experience who can help amplify our growing brand experience and innovation practice. We are looking for someone who has a strong point of view on the evolution of experience design, who understands experience as a holistic, cross-channel offering, yet takes a digital-first perspective. Someone who likes to keep ahead of the curve when it comes to emerging technologies. It’s a lot to ask in one person. We understand our expectations are high. Experience visionaries are encouraged to apply and come lead.
Who you are:
You’re the kind of person who doesn’t think about users, but thinks about humans. You see the world through a lens of challenges and opportunities—considering how smart, experience design can solve and capitalize on them. You recognize the brand is found, not just in words and symbols, but in the interface and the experience. You’ve moved beyond gestures, behaviors and interactions and are starting to think about intelligence and conversations. You realize today’s information architecture and traditional UX tools are rapidly evolving, and old ways of thinking about UX just won’t work anymore. Frankly, you’re a little obsessed with taking on the unmet challenges of the world and solving them through smart experience design. If this is you, then you are for us.
- Lead and nurture experience design, take ownership of specific tasks, set priorities and manage time to meet needs and deadlines across multiple projects and multiple teams
- Translate broad functional desires and early user stories/scenarios down to minimum loveable products/experiences
- Develop compelling deliverables—from white frames to wireframes, from low-fi paper prototypes to high-fidelity, interactive prototypes
- Present prototypes to a range of audiences, from technologists to executives, as vehicles for storytelling across the business
- Help develop the design language for larger projects including, but not limited to: experience flows, interaction affordances, pattern libraries and interface guidelines
- Build a discreet interaction library for project deliverables, so experience design output is unified, familiar and easily understandable
- Serve as a mentor to junior staff, assist in their development and training, provide constructive feedback, and direct them to develop solutions that push the boundaries of creativity while fulfilling strategic requirements
- Actively participate in experience design recruitment efforts, assisting with the identification and nurturing of top talent
- 8+ years in experience design roles, most likely as a User Experience (UX) designer or Experience Designer (XD), with skills in User Interface (UI) design
- Understanding how to partner with industry-leading brand and experience designers and strategists to develop more immersive, 360-degree brand experiences
- Demonstrated leadership of managing all elements of a UX project and leading junior design staff
- UX basics: UX audits, heuristic evaluations, experience storyboarding, user flow, and task analysis
- Storytelling: capable of articulating both the user journey/experience and the product ideas to the client so that they understand the thinking and recommendations
- User research: DILO, ethnographies (digital, in-person), survey development/execution, focus groups, usability testing (in-person and remote), A/B/n testing set-up
- Demonstrated knowledge of emerging experience technologies and an understanding of how to design around these technologies (e.g., AI, voice/chat UI, VR)
- Minimal front-end coding a plus, but not required
- Understanding of front-end system development processes and the intersection between design and technology a plus
- Strong portfolio of projects that shows to bring specific digital products to life—from inception to delivery and execution, in multi-channel environments
- Demonstrated leadership of a design team
- Sketch, Adobe Suite, and other prototyping tools