Senior Motion Designer
Have you ever wondered why something as tiny as your name written on a Starbucks cup makes you smile inside? Or how the “heart” on the belly of a Southwest Jet flying overhead can change your view?
Creative curiosity is a powerful thing. We all have it. But few of us act on it. The ones that do become fascinated with how customers and brands live happily ever after—a relationship sparked by deliciously intuitive design. The ones that do are constantly researching transformative experiences and interfaces—learning how they can create the same. The ones that do see motion, interactions, and design for what they are—a canvas for telling the world’s greatest stories.
Is that how you see design? Well then, it’s nice to meet you.
We’re Lippincott. Creator of dynamic brands, new businesses, and scroll-stopping ways of connecting creativity and commerce to culture. We are one of the world’s longest-running and most successful brand and innovation companies, and if we’ve piqued your interest, chances are a Senior Motion Designer spot on one of our cross-functional teams might be the right next move for you.
If you’ve gotten this far, we already know you’re the curious type. In addition, you should also be:
- A digital expert that is excited about the unique challenges the intersection of creativity and technology bring to storytelling
- An enthusiast of the latest digital trends in media, with an emphasis on movement, animation, non-linear storytelling and / or interaction design
- Someone who lives and breathes trends; from pop-culture to sub-culture and counter-culture you comb the universe for inspiration
- Interested in working with clients and teams to build trust, solidify relationships and advocate for next-level creativity
- A collaborator who plays their part in bringing integrated teams together across strategy, creative, analytics, and production
- A self-starter with strong communication and problem-solving skills
- A consumer and user of fast-culture media
- An emerging leader who can mentor and guide junior staff
As a member of our creative team, you’ll play a pivotal role in developing thoughtful, immersive solutions that lie at the intersection of brand and interaction design and bring a brand’s story to life. You’ll flourish in an environment of autonomy, curiosity, and making the impossible possible.
The computer screen is your canvas, and your work can be found everywhere – even places that don’t exist yet. Your team looks to you to combine fresh thinking with practical knowledge and skill across a range of motion, interaction, and animation software. Skilled in front-end code too? Even better.
In your day to day, you will:
Design creatively and build ideas
- Develop preliminary concepts into refined, comprehensive motion, experience, animation, and graphics systems
- Work closely with project teams, execute clearly defined project tasks, incorporating inputs from strategy, research, and other disciplines to meet design goals
- Develop storyboards and brainstorm to come up with custom graphics and interaction mechanics that transmit ideas across digital platforms
- Support the development of detailed, organized creative guidelines
Communicate and Collaborate
- Clearly articulate design ideas, share research findings, and explain your thought process to team members
- Constructively participate in team ideation and design critiques, working collaboratively to come up with a workable design
- Share specific, constructive, and actionable feedback with team members, as appropriate
We look for you to:
Be knowledgeable and skilled
- Have a design-related bachelor’s degree or equivalent portfolio
- 3+ years of interaction design/motion/animation/3D and / or illustration experience in a professional setting
- A solid understanding of how to apply basic design principles to creative work across a range of experiences (digital, 3D, motion)
- Experience with motion and animation software (Adobe After Effects and Cinema 4D)
- Hands on experience with the Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere) including animating for UI and digital experiences (Adobe XD, InVision, Principle, Sketch, Framer)
- Interest in developing and / or creating front-end animations, interactions and fluidity and feel prototypes
Be Passionate and Driven
- Demonstrate high quality design that balances what’s now with what’s next
- Share a true enthusiasm for the evolution of design, motion graphics, branding and experience
- Exhibit an unparalleled work ethic and desire to contribute and to collaborate with others
- Desire to enhance and grow your skillset, learning about technology, media, production process, design applications, and working methods
The applicable base pay for this role ranges from $80,000 – $105,000.
The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications, and education. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position will be eligible for performance-based incentives.
Lippincott is a creative consultancy specializing in brand and innovation. We have a passion for solving our clients’ toughest challenges with a proven combination of strategic rigor and design excellence. A pioneer since 1943, we have shaped some of the world’s most iconic brands and experiences.
We recognize the benefits of flexibility but also value the interactions that happen when we come together. Our new hybrid working model allows individuals to set their own cadence for working in their preferred environment with the expectation that they will be spending at least half of their time (50%) in their local office each month.
Who We Are, Together…
We embody key values that drive our culture. We demand better, reach higher, and expect more of ourselves and our colleagues. We demonstrate gratitude, offer support, and embrace optimism every day. We celebrate debate, discussion, disagreement, and feedback, with an open mind to new ways of thinking and doing. We act with passion, intention, and goodwill while building on and elevating everyone’s contributions and sharing in our collective success.
In our pursuit to make it meaningful, we want our people to feel heard, respected and valued through our words and actions – goals we can only achieve with a sustained commitment to inclusion, diversity and belonging. We seek the best and brightest ideas from a diverse representation of backgrounds and experiences because we know that’s what it takes to continuously push the boundaries, solve our clients’ most complex challenges, and foster an inspiring culture of rigorous creativity. We celebrate and leverage our differences and our commonalities, so everyone feels safe, supported and encouraged to be wide open, to say “yes, and!” and to demand better of ourselves and one another. We aspire to be positive role models for inclusion at an individual level, corporate level, and societal level.
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace of which we can all be proud.