Senior Experience Strategist
At Lippincott, we are in the business of creating new brands, products, services, and experiences to create meaning in customers’ lives. Our design team plays a pivotal role in offering creative solutions to brand, innovation, and culture challenges. As part of this team, our experience strategists work to help clients transform their businesses for the modern economy, embracing brand and digital as central drivers of future success.
Our Experience Strategists focus on understanding consumers’ ongoing shift to digital, behaviors, and expectations. Our team conducts opportunity analyses, invents creative solutions, and accelerates next-level thinking from mere ideas through to vivid reality. They focus on understanding cultural inflection points, ecosystems, experience mechanics, digital business models and developing the same. They are research-minded design thinkers and work with multidisciplinary teams to identify opportunities for new engagement, physical experiences, digital innovations, and new ways to story-tell the brand through interactions.
As a Senior Experience Strategist, you understand that the concept of brand experience has grown – no longer bound to an occasion, a device, or a two-dimensional backlit rectangle – brand experiences are all around us in three-dimensions. You will be responsible for planning, facilitating, and executing human-centered design strategies across multiple projects. You will be able to capture the UX opportunity and work cross-functionally to deliver meaningful and diverse customer experiences to our clients.
In your day-to-day, we look for you to:
Research and develop insights
- Review and synthesize client documents including research reports, business strategy and performance documents, and brand materials
- Support qualitative and quantitative primary research and analysis to identify needs, opportunities, and actionable insights
- Conduct secondary research into trends, market opportunities, emerging technologies, and the commercial landscape to identify potential white spaces
- Develop information architecture, navigation, and experience models
- Partner deeply with content strategy and interaction design
Develop new to world ideas and strategic thinking
- Participate in the facilitation of internal and external innovation and ideation sessions
- Help define the brand’s strategic vision using digital and physical interactions as your guide, ultimately contributing to brand growth
- Collaborate with internal research, analytics, creative, and design colleagues, as well as various client-side teams (e.g. product management, engineering, UX, etc.) to develop executable ideas that yield tangible and measurable results
- Stay up to date on the latest in experience trends and consumer behaviors
Articulate and test conclusions
- Support the development of presentations that bring ideas to life in a way that is actionable and tangible for clients, including but not limited to innovation strategies, analyses of customer experiences, and portfolios of ideas
- Develop prototypes, as part of a team, that allow for ideas to be tested and evolved
Who you are:
Knowledgeable and skilled
- Minimum 4 years of experience across design, advertising, innovation consulting, or within private equity, venture capital, investment banking or a corporate experience innovation team
- Ability to solve problems critically, logically, and creatively, turning insights into ideas and ideas into actionable plans
- Experience working with research and analytics platforms such as Brand Watch, Google Analytics, Omniture, etc., as well as a working knowledge of SEO and strategic use of search algorithms for a brand’s advantage
- Full experience design lifecycle experience, from Ideation to implementation
- A strong communicator and collaborator
- Bachelor’s degree in design, humanities, or business
- Demonstrated passion for experience strategy and design, technology, and brands in the commercial world
- A love of technology and culture, and desire to learn, as well as an interest in sharing your insights and knowledge with your teammates
- Eagerness to rapidly build expertise on new businesses and industry verticals
- Proactive, comfortable with ambiguity, and flexible in the face of shifting client needs due to the rapidly changing nature of the technology space
- Strong appreciation for the power of APIs, technology, fast culture and social media, and the role technology plays in elevating design and experience innovation
We recognize the benefits of flexibility but also value the interactions that happen when we come together. Our new hybrid working model allows individuals to set their own cadence for working in their preferred environment with the expectation that they will be spending at least half of their time (50%) in their local office each month.
Who We Are, Together…
We embody key values that drive our culture. We demand better, reach higher, and expect more of ourselves and our colleagues. We demonstrate gratitude, offer support, and embrace optimism every day. We celebrate debate, discussion, disagreement, and feedback, with an open mind to new ways of thinking and doing. We act with passion, intention, and goodwill while building on and elevating everyone’s contributions and sharing in our collective success.
In our pursuit to make it meaningful, we want our people to feel heard, respected and valued through our words and actions – goals we can only achieve with a sustained commitment to inclusion, diversity and belonging. We seek the best and brightest ideas from a diverse representation of backgrounds and experiences because we know that’s what it takes to continuously push the boundaries, solve our clients’ most complex challenges, and foster an inspiring culture of rigorous creativity. We celebrate and leverage our differences and our commonalities, so everyone feels safe, supported, and encouraged to be wide open, to say “yes, and!” and to demand better of ourselves and one another. We aspire to be positive role models for inclusion at an individual level, corporate level, and societal level.
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace of which we can all be proud.