Senior Consultant, Innovation Strategy
We are in the business of creating new experiences, businesses and products to create meaning in customers’ lives. That’s why every day our strategists focus on understanding shifting behaviors, identifying the possibilities, inventing creative solutions and accelerating those ideas through to reality.
We work closely with some of the world’s top brands, crafting big, bold ideas that will innovate what they offer to keep customers coming back time and again. That’s why we look for the best problem solvers in the world.
As a Senior Consultant you will work collaboratively to solve client challenges. You will utilize your experience to understand and identify digital and omnichannel opportunities to deliver impactful solutions to your client’s brands. You will have broad exposure to diverse client challenges, ranging from innovation research to service design to value proposition design to brand strategy.
As a Senior Consultant, you are accomplished at solving problems through to successful solutions. You work on developing strategic ideas, collecting valuable insights and creating a well-designed process and solution, while working collaboratively with the team.
On an average day, you will:
- Apply innovative thinking and problem-solving to complex business challenges
- Research customer needs through focus groups, ethnography, interviews and more
- Generate insights about consumers, businesses and the competitive landscape that highlight potential opportunities
- Conduct secondary source research to understand markets, trends, competitors and best practices as inputs for the development of new ideas and solutions
- Build from brand strategies to create solutions that bring a brand to life through new experiences, products, services and businesses
- Collaborate deeply across Lippincott disciplines – spanning innovation, experience design and brand strategy
We look for you to:
- Think critically, logically and creatively
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm for and understanding of innovation and design
- Engage in the digital frontier as a user, contributor and inspirer
- Have the ability to solve problems critically, logically and creatively, turning insights into ideas
- Exposure to market sizing and business case modeling to develop pitch decks
- Are able to uncover the core insights that can launch new ideas
- You can apply your writing and presenting skills to tell clear, compelling stories
- You have a dedicated work ethic and passion for branding
- You conduct research and distill findings effectively and efficiently
- Be rigorous in synthesizing inputs and developing insights
- You work effectively and professionally in a team setting – including with clients
- You are proficient in PowerPoint (Excel is a plus)
- Openness to travel, seeing things in new ways and exploring new ideas
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in the humanities, social sciences, or business (Master degrees are not required, but encouraged)
- Have taken coursework in design thinking, new product development, innovation, entrepreneurship and/or customer experience
- Display demonstrated entrepreneurship – we want to hear about your side hustle
- Have 3-5 years’ experience in business strategy, innovation or product management
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace that we are all proud to be a part of.