Senior Consultant, Brand Strategy
As a Brand Strategy team member, you will apply strategic, analytical, and creative thinking to solve challenging brand issues for clients on a daily basis. You will consult across industries, throughout the world, and on a range of brand topics (e.g., positioning, brand architecture, naming, customer experience and signature cues).
As a Senior Consultant, you will be responsible for understanding client situations, gathering and synthesizing information (e.g., industry, company, competition), and making preliminary recommendations to your case team. You will contribute substantially to case delivery in terms of thinking and project management. You will develop strategic concepts, collect evidence, and create a well-designed process and solution, while working collaboratively with the broader case-team. This is an opportunity to join a talented and passionate group in developing and building some of the world’s leading brands. The team-oriented environment allows for exposure to Senior Partners across the business and the opportunity to be involved in key decision-making.
In your day to day, you will:
Research and Build Ideas
- Gather, organize and summarize information on client business strategy, industry dynamics, best practices, communications audits, and customer insights to identify key implications
- Conduct in-depth interviews with client management and key stakeholders
- Support case team planning and analysis of quantitative and qualitative customer / prospect research, from discrete choice analysis to focus groups
- Use findings and insights to create compelling content and stories
Be Creative and Collaborative
- Quickly pick up skills and knowledge in new areas, leveraging client, firm, and external resources
- Collaborate with other consultants and designers to explore alternatives and develop thinking (e.g., brainstorming sessions)
- Contribute to the development and storyline of client presentations
- Effectively communicate with, and present to internal case teams and external client teams
- Consistently develop creative concepts using Lippincott frameworks and methodologies to solve problems
- Use creative thinking and innovative problem-solving skills and relate work to client needs
- Support new business efforts by participating in the development of content in proposals
Who You Are:
- At least 3 years in strategy consulting, corporate strategy, brand strategy, brand management, innovation, or strategic planning
- Ability to think creatively while building on and relating work to past experience
- Outstanding presentation, writing, and interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of both internal and client organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required; MBA or equivalent welcomed, but not necessary
Passionate and Driven
- A passion for problem solving, creative expression, and improving the way companies relate to customers
- A detailed, methodical, and rigorous approach to finding solutions and a flexibility in applying them
- A willingness to push your thinking, attack issues from multiple angles and stretch yourself to provide outstanding brand ideas to clients
- An appetite for learning and wrestling with challenging topics across a diverse range of clients/ industries
- Hold yourself and your work to a very high standard, pushing ideas further to challenge yourself, your colleagues, and our clients’ ways of thinking
- Constructively participate as part of a project team, bringing optimism and a collaborative spirit to build on and nurture ideas
- Desire to proactively seek constructive feedback and input to develop your knowledge, skills, and thinking
The applicable base pay for this role ranges from $90,000 – $105,000. The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications, and education. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position will be eligible for performance-based incentives.
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes health benefits, 401K savings as well as employee assistance programs.
Lippincott is a creative consultancy specializing in brand and innovation. We have a passion for solving our clients’ toughest challenges with a proven combination of strategic rigor and design excellence. A pioneer since 1943, we have shaped some of the world’s most iconic brands and experiences.
We recognize the benefits of flexibility but also value the interactions that happen when we come together. Our new hybrid working model allows individuals to set their own cadence for working in their preferred environment with the expectation that they will be spending at least half of their time in their local office each month.
Who We Are, Together…
We embody key values that drive our culture. We demand better, reach higher, and expect more of ourselves and our colleagues. We demonstrate gratitude, offer support, and embrace optimism every day. We celebrate debate, discussion, disagreement, and feedback, with an open mind to new ways of thinking and doing. We act with passion, intention, and goodwill while building on and elevating everyone’s contributions and sharing in our collective success.
In our pursuit to make it meaningful, we want our people to feel heard, respected and valued through our words and actions – goals we can only achieve with a sustained commitment to inclusion, diversity and belonging. We seek the best and brightest ideas from a diverse representation of backgrounds and experiences because we know that’s what it takes to continuously push the boundaries, solve our clients’ most complex challenges, and foster an inspiring culture of rigorous creativity. We celebrate and leverage our differences and our commonalities so everyone feels safe, supported and encouraged to be wide open, to say “yes, and!” and to demand better of ourselves and one another. We aspire to be positive role models for inclusion at an individual level, corporate level, and societal level.
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace of which we can all be proud. #Lippincott