Senior Consultant, Brand Strategy (Naming)
Are you a strategic word maven with a passion for branding?
As a Brand Strategy team member, you will apply strategic, analytical and creative thinking to solve challenging brand issues for clients on a daily basis. You will consult across industries, throughout the world and on a range of brand topics (e.g., positioning, brand architecture, customer experience), including a strong command of naming.
As a Senior Consultant, you will be responsible for understanding client situations, gathering and synthesizing information (e.g., industry, company, competition) and making preliminary recommendations to your case team. You will contribute substantially to case delivery in terms of thinking and project management.
With a specialization in naming, you are experienced in:
- Understanding the nuances and intricacies of naming for global brands, particularly at the corporate level, ensuring work is delivered with strategic creativity
- Contributing to the naming process, including development of naming criteria and timelines, internal creative briefings, coordinating shortlisting and owning naming master lists
- Developing strategic rationales and concise stories to help clients envision the potential of each name candidate
- Working across a range of concurrent projects that leverage your full set of skills and build new ones
- Presenting with confidence and finesse to senior executive clients
- Bringing the right balance of empathy and expertise to gain client buy-in on recommendations
- Thinking and working with agility, guiding clients through various types of naming assignments, including high-profile launches, mergers and spinoffs.
This is an opportunity to join a talented and passionate group in developing and building some of the world’s leading brands. The team-oriented environment allows for exposure to Senior Partners across the business and the opportunity to be involved in key decision-making.
Responsibilities could involve:
- Gathering, organizing and summarizing information on client business strategy, industry and competitive dynamics, best practice analyses, communications audits and customer insights to identify key implications
- Conducting in-depth interviews with client management and key stakeholders
- Supporting case team planning and analysis of quantitative and qualitative customer / prospect research, from discrete choice analysis to focus groups
- Quickly picking up skills and knowledge in new areas, leveraging client, firm and external resources
- Collaborating with other consultants and designers to explore alternatives and develop thinking (e.g., brainstorming sessions)
- Contributing to the development and storyline of client presentations
- Effectively communicating with, and presenting to, both internal case teams and external client teams
Desirable attributes include:
- 3-6 years excelling in a field such as strategy consulting, corporate strategy, brand strategy, brand management, innovation or strategic planning
- A specialization in naming and verbal identity is strongly preferred; we may also consider having had close exposure to the naming process and a passion for naming, enabling you to quickly become versed in it
- Skilled in linguistics, creative writing or foreign language(s) is a plus
- Outstanding communications, writing and interpersonal skills
- A passion for problem solving, creative expression and improving the way companies relate to customers
- An analytical and rigorous approach to finding solutions and a flexibility in applying them
- A willingness to push your thinking, attack issues from multiple angles and stretch yourself to provide outstanding brand ideas to clients
- An appetite for learning and wrestling with challenging topics across a diverse range of clients/ industries
- Openness to travel, seeing things in new ways, and exploring new ideas
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace that we are all proud to be a part of.