Senior Associate, Brand Strategy & Innovation
As a Brand Strategy and Innovation team member, you will apply strategic, analytical, and creative thinking to solve challenging brand and customer strategy issues for clients on a daily basis. You will consult across industries, throughout Europe and the Middle East, and on a range of brand topics (e.g., positioning, brand architecture, naming, customer experience and signature cues).
As a Senior Associate, you will be responsible for structuring and managing the case in terms of thinking and project management. You will use business knowledge, past experience, and case team resources effectively to address client challenges and fulfill project deliverables. You will be viewed as an authority on research findings and implications, with the team looking to you for ideas on solutions and recommendation territories. You will help drive the case delivery, often owning specific modules of the project and being responsible for managing the thought development and process to get there. This role offers exposure to a talented and passionate team while developing and building some of the world’s leading brands. You will have the opportunity to shape the perception of existing and new brands, driving changes in the global marketplace.
This role will be based out of either our London or Dubai office, and will be primarily focused on supporting our growing roster of clients in the Middle East.
In your day to day, you will:
Manage Time, Clients, and Projects
- Supervise the development of potential brand strategy opportunities based on client business strategy / vision, industry dynamics, best practices, and customer insights
- Structure project work plans and guide team workflow
- Effectively communicate with both internal case teams and external client teams
- Play a significant role in formal and informal client presentations
- Conduct in-depth interviews with clients and their customers
- Help motivate, develop, and guide junior staff
- Help manage client expectations
- Work under minimal supervision
- Manage case team resources (e.g., talent, IC, budget)
- Develop client relationships for business development opportunities
Be Creative, Strategic, and Build Ideas
- Quickly pick up skills and knowledge in new areas, leveraging the client and firm resources effectively
- Collaborate with other consultants and designers to explore alternatives and develop thinking (e.g., informal brainstorming sessions, gathering of firm best practices)
- Develop storyboards and identify applicable frameworks for client presentations
- Manage and analyze quantitative and qualitative customer / prospect research, partnering with analytics specialists, as appropriate
Who You Are:
- At least 7 years of experience in consulting, business strategy, brand strategy, brand management, or planning
- Ability to think creatively, while building on and relating work to past experience
- Outstanding presentation, writing, and interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of both internal and client organizations
- Strong project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required; MBA or equivalent welcomed, but not necessary
- Arabic would be a significant advantage, but is not a requirement
Passionate and Driven
- Excellent business intuition, ability to connect the dots, and understand client implications
- Ability to thrive in team situations, enthusiastically contributing thinking that enhances and/or confronts key assumptions, and understanding how to successfully leverage junior and senior team members
- A passion for problem-solving, creative expression, and improving the way companies relate to customers
- A willingness to push your thinking, attack issues from multiple angles, and stretch yourself to provide outstanding brand ideas to clients
- An appetite for learning and wrestling with challenging topics across a diverse range of clients/ industries
- Self-motivation and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and autonomously
Lead by Example
- Strong advisory and leadership skills with experience enthusiastically building, guiding, motivating, and inspiring teams, providing supervision and mentorship
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams and deliver on a vision
- Hold yourself and your work to a very high standard, pushing ideas further to challenge yourself, your colleagues, and our clients’ ways of thinking
- Constructively participate as part of a project team, bringing optimism and a collaborative spirit to build on and nurture ideas
- Desire to proactively seek constructive feedback and input to develop your knowledge, skills, and thinking
Lippincott is a creative consultancy specializing in brand and innovation. We have a passion for solving our clients’ toughest challenges with a proven combination of strategic rigor and design excellence. A pioneer since 1943, we have shaped some of the world’s most iconic brands and experiences.
Who We Are, Together…
We embody key values that drive our culture. We demand better, reach higher, and expect more of ourselves and our colleagues. We demonstrate gratitude, offer support, and embrace optimism every day. We celebrate debate, discussion, disagreement, and feedback, with an open mind to new ways of thinking and doing. We act with passion, intention, and goodwill while building on and elevating everyone’s contributions and sharing in our collective success.
In our pursuit to make it meaningful, we want our people to feel heard, respected and valued through our words and actions – goals we can only achieve with a sustained commitment to inclusion, diversity and belonging. We seek the best and brightest ideas from a diverse representation of backgrounds and experiences because we know that’s what it takes to continuously push the boundaries, solve our clients’ most complex challenges, and foster an inspiring culture of rigorous creativity. We celebrate and leverage our differences and our commonalities so everyone feels safe, supported and encouraged to be wide open, to say “yes, and!” and to demand better of ourselves and one another. We aspire to be positive role models for inclusion at an individual level, corporate level, and societal level.
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace of which we can all be proud. #Lippincott