Manager, Production Quality Control
Lippincott’s Production Team plays a critical role in bringing concepts to life. As the Production Quality Control Manager, you will contribute to the delivery of final assets to clients. Your meticulous, hands-on analysis of design capital will support our team in the production of innovative, multi-channel branding materials. You will analyze graphic design production files in preparation for their release. When not conducting quality control reviews of final assets, you may be constructing them.
Unique and varied backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences allow us to think bigger, deliver the most impactful results to our clients, and succeed together. Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel represented, welcomed, able to contribute, and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and who we strive to be tomorrow.
On an average day, you will:
- Collaborate with Design Production team members to achieve perfection of client deliverables
- Inspect final assets: mainly logos, icons, patterns, and illustrations built in Illustrator, as well as color formulas and ASEs, and Creative Cloud and PowerPoint templates
- Consistently reference brand and procedural guides when checking file integrity
- Troubleshoot files with technical expertise to assure consistent protocol compliance
- Recognize and attend to important details with accuracy, efficiency, and intention
Research and build ideas
- Be a subject matter expert: stay current on technology and advances and techniques that become industry standards, sharing knowledge and applying it in daily tasks
- Advise on best practices for efficient and accurate file construction, defining and cataloging specs for use by colleagues and clients
- Develop and follow quality control procedure manuals for building files and workflow
- Find solutions for software limitations/technical constraints impacting ambitious designs
Manage time and projects
- Prioritize tasks for projects to meet deadlines and inform stakeholders of progress
- Work closely on teams to execute tasks and meet deliverable requirements
- With guidance, work within budget and schedules, estimating time and output options
- Operate with a highly organized methodology for executing routine discrete tasks
Communicate and collaborate
- Clearly articulate ideas, share research findings, and explain rationale
- Deliver positive, diplomatic written work critiques and follow through with colleagues
- Proactively seek constructive team member feedback to foster professional development
- Maintain an unparalleled work ethic as a team player who adapts to shifting priorities
We look for you to:
- 5+ years of experience as a senior production artist and 2+ years of quality review experience at an agency, vendor, or client studio—preferably in branding
- Understand visual identity system principles and stages of developing their components
- Be insightful about digital/print color relationships, formulation, and WCAG compliance
- Be intimate with applying and optimizing production techniques across a range of media while preserving design continuity in pixel-perfect executions
- Actively enhance your skills, learning about technology, media, production processes, design applications, and working methods.
- A technical/design-related bachelor’s degree or equivalent portfolio with proven aptitude
- Illustrator expertise, InDesign proficiency, Photoshop skill, PowerPoint familiarity
- Possess authoritative knowledge of optimal file formats for print and digital usage
- Operate with exactitude, and revel in analyzing multi-version assets with ultra-precision
- Relentless propensity to achieve perfection, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and complete projects efficiently
- Familiarity with cloud-based storage systems (OneDrive, ShareFile, AEM)
- Technical writing skills and experience developing production procedure guidelines
- Bonus points if you have experience with Figma prototyping, Frontify, Mural, Word email templates
Lippincott is a creative consultancy specializing in brand and innovation. We have a passion for solving our clients’ toughest challenges with a proven combination of strategic rigor and design excellence. A pioneer since 1943, we have shaped some of the world’s most iconic brands and experiences. From Samsung to Starbucks to Delta, our work drives growth and adds meaning to customers’ lives. Our partnership with Oliver Wyman allows us to integrate deep industry, risk and operational expertise to deliver end-to-end solutions. Together, we create new possibilities for our clients to thrive in the future.
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace that we are all proud to be a part of.