Lead, Employee Communication, Engagement and Experience
As part of the Lippincott Talent and Human Capital team, the Employee Communication, Engagement and Experience Lead’s goal is to support our organization in attracting and retaining the best talent in the industry. To be successful in this role, you must have a strong desire to deeply understand Lippincott’s culture and people and be an advocate for all our employees.
As a passionate ambassador for our firm values, you will play a central role in shaping our culture and the experience of Lippincott team members throughout their time with the firm. Unique and varied backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences allow us to think bigger, deliver the most impactful results to our clients, and succeed together. Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel represented, welcomed, able to contribute, and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and who we strive to be tomorrow.
With a focus on building connections for our employees with the firm and each other, and creating a sense of belonging for all, you will lead and execute our employee communication strategy, ensuring that Lippincotters have the information they need to thrive while creating opportunities for dialogue and feedback. You will also lead and support broader engagement initiatives to enhance our culture, building comradery and nurturing relationships. Finally, as the custodian of Lippincott’s talent brand both internally and externally, you will be responsible for shaping our reputation as an employer of choice in the talent market.
In this role, you’ll have a finger on the pulse of what our teams need and industry best practices. You’ll bring fresh ideas for how we engage our employees and the broader talent market and bring these to life across our organization. You’ll be part of a small team, which means rolling up your sleeves and being a team player – sometimes that means doing things that aren’t on the job description, but you’ll be happy knowing that your team will always be there to support you.
Own the Lippincott internal communication efforts: develop, facilitate, maintain, and nurture communication between firm leadership and our people.
- Connect with employees at all levels to gain insights in how to best communicate and support them in their Lippincott employee journey
- Plan, execute, and oversee a calendar of communications, programs, and internal events including, but not limited to town halls, employee newsletters, roundtable discussions and fireside chats
- Develop and streamline internal communications processes
- Work closely with leadership as a thought partner, project manager, creative and strategic writer and editor in the development and deployment of firm communications
- Lead the execution of regular employee surveys from design through packaging, as well as sharing the results and coordinating with MMC on their annual engagement survey
- Build relationships, and partner with Oliver Wyman and MMC communications teams to ensure a coordinated effort in the information we share with our employees
- Lead crisis communication efforts for the firm
Lead and support programs that enhance inclusion, representation, and our culture, building connection for our people with each other and with the firm.
- Lead the strategic planning and execution of our firm-wide All Together Days, which are centered around connection and fun
- Manage our Culture Club program, including events and initiatives
- Be an ambassador for our firm values, creating an environment where our employees feel represented, supported and safe, and can build on each other’s ideas
- Elevate and support the evolution of Lippincott’s corporate responsibility and social impact programs
- Be part of a cross-functional team in driving the evolution of work practices and processes as we transition to new ways of working in the post-COVID environment
- Partner with departments across Lippincott in enhancing the employee experience
Elevate Lippincott’s employer brand internally and externally.
- Lead the efforts to raise Lippincott’s profile as an employer of choice with an eye towards attracting and retaining the best talent in our industry, as well as creating a more representative workforce
- In collaboration with the Marketing department, proactively develop and manage social media activity/campaigns, as well as highlight Lippincott’s values, people and culture to the talent market through our general web presence
- Monitor and proactively manage Lippincott’s presence on Glassdoor, Fishbowl and other employer review sites
What we’re looking for
A team player that is always demanding better of themselves and those around them, who is wide open to different ideas and perspectives, and has a “yes, and” mentality – building on rather than diminishing the ideas of others to lift our game. You should be strategic, proactive and bring a sense of optimism, positivity and fun to all that you do. You should also have:
- At least 5 years of professional experience in internal communications, employee engagement, marketing communications, strategic communications, or a related field
- A passion for understanding people and culture, and an appreciation for the complexity of organizations
- A focused desire to build a truly inclusive culture and workplace
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with the ability to connect with people of all backgrounds, ages and experiences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a knack for simplifying complex topics to their essence and making them relevant to the audience
- High comfort level in presenting to and engaging senior stakeholders and large audiences, as well as facilitating group discussions
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills
- High attention to detail and strong organizational and project management skills
- The ability to be creative and think outside the box
- A passion for connecting the dots and strategically using communication channels to bring stories to life
- Bonus points if you have experience organizing, hosting and executing events, and experience with social media campaigns
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace that we are all proud to be a part of.