Intern, Visual Communication Design
As a Design Intern with Lippincott, you will work with our expert design team on a variety of projects in and related to brand identity, across print, digital and interactive experiences. If you’re creative, motivated, and highly articulate you’ve come to the right place!
We look for designers with skills and experience across a range of media who will bring self-initiative to projects and daily routine. To be successful in this role, you should demonstrate experience with InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Experience with motion and interaction design software is preferred.
- Participate in conceptualization and with assistance, develop preliminary concepts in to refined comprehensive design solutions
- Individually and as part of a team, work on logo designs, visual systems, guidelines and presentations
- Assist in producing and coordinating design audits
- Conduct background research on identity and create mood boards for projects
- Bring to life brand stories through print, digital interaction, animation and motion design
- Assist in producing client presentations
- Assist in gathering materials for case studies
- A bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent portfolio
- An understanding of how to apply basic design principles to creative work and demonstrated creative ability across a range of static, dynamic and interactive media
- Demonstrate high quality/accuracy in design standards
- Ability to apply basic educational principles to creative work
- Strong technical abilities in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proficiency in motion/film editing software such as After Effects and Cinema 4D and/or interaction design software is preferred
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to set priorities and manage time
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate ideas
- Ability to constructively participate as part of a project team
- Demonstrate a true passion for design and branding
- Desire to proactively seek constructive feedback
- Willingness and enthusiasm toward extending knowledge about technology/media, production process, design applications and working methods
The internship is a full-time paid position for a period of 12 weeks. Our current in-office date is September 2021, and the intern will need to be in NYC at that time.
Please ensure that you submit your online portfolio along with your application and clarify your availability in your application.
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace that we are all proud to be a part of.