Consultant, Innovation Strategy
We are in the business of creating new ideas. That’s why every day our Innovation Strategy team focuses on understanding shifting behaviors, identifying possibilities, inventing creative solutions, and accelerating those ideas through to reality.
We work closely with some of the world’s top brands, creating big, bold ideas that will drive growth and keep customers coming back time and again. That’s why we look for the best problem solvers in the world – those who are design thinkers, strategic innovators, and passionate people.
As an Innovation Strategy Consultant, you are a valuable team member. You will work on multiple projects from start to finish. You bring excitement, a unique perspective, and the desire to learn, along with hard work and dedication. You will consult across industries, and will utilize your experience understanding consumer insights, business opportunities, and your client’s brands to deliver creative solutions that make a big impact.
This is an opportunity to join a talented and passionate group to collaboratively solve client challenges The team-oriented environment allows for exposure to Senior Partners across the business and the opportunity to be involved in key decision-making.
On an average day, you will:
- Apply innovative thinking and problem-solving to complex business challenges
- Research customer needs through focus groups, ethnography, interviews, and more
- Generate insights about consumers, businesses, and the competitive landscape that highlight potential opportunities
- Conduct secondary source research to understand markets, trends, competitors, and best practices as inputs for the development of new ideas and solutions
- Build from brand strategies to create solutions that bring a brand to life through new experiences, products, services, and businesses
- Collaborate deeply across client and Lippincott teams – spanning innovation, experience design, and brand strategy
We look for you to:
- Think critically, logically and creatively
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm for and understanding of innovation and design
- Engage in the digital frontier as a user, contributor, and inspirer
- Have the ability to solve problems critically, logically, and creatively, turning insights into ideas
- Are able to uncover the core insights that can launch new ideas
- You can apply your writing and presenting skills to tell clear, compelling stories
- You have a dedicated work ethic and passion for branding
- You conduct research and distill findings effectively and efficiently
- Be rigorous in synthesizing inputs and developing insights
- You work effectively and professionally in a team setting – including with clients
- You are proficient in PowerPoint (Excel is a plus)
- Openness to travel, seeing things in new ways, and exploring new ideas
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in the humanities, social sciences, or business (Master degrees are not required, but encouraged)
- Have taken coursework in design thinking, new product development, innovation, entrepreneurship, and/or customer experience
- Display demonstrated entrepreneurship – we want to hear about your side hustle
- Have held internships in business strategy, innovation, brand development, product management
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace that we are all proud to be a part of.