Brand Design Director, Web
The design team plays a pivotal role in offering creative solutions to our clients’ toughest challenges. Whether it’s perfecting the cadence of a key presentation or discovering a new path to engage users in an online experience, we lend the best of design thinking to the rest of our practices.
As a Brand Design Director, Web at Lippincott, you will collaborate with the Design team to integrate brand with digital; helping client teams translate brand to products and websites. This role provides the opportunity to begin developing and implementing project and client management skills as well as internal leadership skills.
In your day to day, you will:
Design Creatively and Strategically
- Help guide the design development process from start to finish — participate in team ideation, create and prototype web pages, help advance all concepts, and check accuracy and quality of all deliverables to highest standards
- Work with clients to activate their brands across platforms while adhering to complex technical constraints, to create impactful experiences
- Navigate complex business, user, and team needs to create experience deliverables
- Constructively participate in team ideation and design critiques
Research and Build Ideas
- Clearly articulate project objectives, design ideas, share research findings and explain thought process to team members and clients
- Develop a deep understanding of each client’s goals, business context, user behavior, and experience opportunities
- Conduct design research, contributing to audits and moodboard creation
- Collaborate across content strategy, development teams, and design teams to drive creative output
- Stay up-to-date on trends and current web best practices, tools, and standards for accessibility, integrating those findings and understanding into the projects
- Probe deeply into concepts and design solutions when confronted with inconsistent and challenging findings
- Develop case studies and public reference, including storyboarding, gathering materials, updating exhibits, etc.
Manage Time and Projects
- Prioritize tasks to meet deadlines across multiple projects and multiple teams
- Participate in managing projects as required, taking a leadership role at times and prioritizing the workload for others
- Begin to act as a mentor to junior staff, providing design direction and assisting in their development
- Share specific and actionable feedback to team members
- Assist in recruitment efforts to bring in other highly skilled top talent (like you!) to the team
We look for you to:
Be Knowledgeable and Skilled
- A design-related Bachelor’s degree or equivalent portfolio demonstrating business impact across brands, products, and websites (postgraduate degree a plus)
- 5+ years of web design or UX/UI experience at an agency or equivalent in a professional setting
- A proven ability of building and designing brand systems and pattern libraries
- Extensive technical ability with Adobe Suite and familiarity with MS Office; a working knowledge of digital prototyping and UX wire framing software (i.e. Figma, AdobeXD, Sketch, etc.); experience with WebFlow or no-code prototyping tools is a plus
Be Passionate and Driven
- Demonstrated high quality design that balances creativity and rigor
- A drive to be adaptable and flexible to meet client and project needs
- A true enthusiasm for the evolution of design and the role it plays in problem solving
The applicable base pay for this role ranges from $110,000 – $140,000. The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications, and education. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position will be eligible for performance-based incentives.
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes health benefits, 401K savings as well as employee assistance programs.
Lippincott is a creative consultancy specializing in brand and innovation. We have a passion for solving our clients’ toughest challenges with a proven combination of strategic rigor and design excellence. A pioneer since 1943, we have shaped some of the world’s most iconic brands and experiences.
Who We Are, Together…
We embody key values that drive our culture. We demand better, reach higher, and expect more of ourselves and our colleagues. We demonstrate gratitude, offer support, and embrace optimism every day. We celebrate debate, discussion, disagreement, and feedback, with an open mind to new ways of thinking and doing. We act with passion, intention, and goodwill while building on and elevating everyone’s contributions and sharing in our collective success.
In our pursuit to make it meaningful, we want our people to feel heard, respected and valued through our words and actions – goals we can only achieve with a sustained commitment to inclusion, diversity and belonging. We seek the best and brightest ideas from a diverse representation of backgrounds and experiences because we know that’s what it takes to continuously push the boundaries, solve our clients’ most complex challenges, and foster an inspiring culture of rigorous creativity. We celebrate and leverage our differences and our commonalities, so everyone feels safe, supported and encouraged to be wide open, to say “yes, and!” and to demand better of ourselves and one another. We aspire to be positive role models for inclusion at an individual level, corporate level, and societal level.
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace of which we can all be proud.