Associate, Innovation Strategy
At Lippincott, we are in the business of creating new experiences, businesses, and products to create meaning in customers’ lives. That’s why every day our innovation strategists focus on understanding shifting behaviors, identifying possibilities, inventing creative solutions, and accelerating those ideas through to reality.
We work closely with some of the world’s top brands, crafting big, bold ideas that will innovate what they offer to keep customers coming back time and again. That’s why we look for the best problem solvers in the world.
As an Associate, Innovation Strategy, you will work collaboratively and utilize your experience understanding business opportunities and your client’s brands to deliver creative solutions that make a big impact.
In your day-to-day, we look for you to:
Research new opportunities and develop insights
- Quickly come up to speed on commercial and operational context for each project
- Conduct and analyze primary research (qualitative and/or quantitative) to identify needs, opportunities, and actionable insights
- Conduct secondary research into trends, market opportunities, emerging technologies, and the commercial landscape to identify potential white spaces
- Review and synthesize client documents including research reports, business strategy and performance documents, and brand materials
- Lead stakeholder interviews with clients and industry experts
- Manage and analyze customer experience audits
Develop new to world ideas
- Develop key business insights that identify areas of opportunity
- Design and lead internal and external innovation and ideation sessions
- Generate strategic ideas and creative solutions for clients
- Create the concepts that explain the ideas and can be used to test the ideas with consumers
- Build the commercial and consumer rationale to support each idea
- Develop business models to assess the financial implications and profitability of new ideas and prepare recommendations for how to bring new products and services to market
Articulate and test ideas
- Create presentations that bring ideas to life in a way that is actionable and tangible for clients including but not limited to, innovation strategies, analyses of customer experiences, and portfolios of ideas
- Develop prototypes, as part of a team, that allow for ideas to be tested and evolved
- Help develop Lippincott POVs that strengthen our thought leadership in the innovation space
Build Relationships & Manage Projects
- Work collaboratively as part of a team, motivating and guiding more junior team members
- Spearhead and participate in internal work sessions, client meetings, and presentations
- Manage innovation projects including coordinating with internal teams, research partners, and clients
Who you are:
Knowledgeable and skilled
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in design, humanities, or business (MBA is not required but encouraged)
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in innovation consulting, management consulting, or growth strategy or within private equity, venture capital, investment banking or a corporate innovation team
- Full innovation lifecycle experience – from Ideation to implementation – highly encouraged, but not required
- Experience creating strategies for digital ideas and an understanding of how to create omnichannel solutions is preferred
- Be equal parts creative and strategic
- Have the ability to solve problems critically and creatively, turning insights into ideas and ideas into actionable plans
- Be rigorous in synthesizing inputs and developing insights
- Ability to translate complex data (quantitative and qualitative) into clearly articulated opportunities
- Work across multiple clients and balance priorities to ensure rigorous, thoughtful and well-developed deliverables
Passionate and collaborative
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for innovation, technology and brands in the commercial world
- Be demanding, optimistic, thoughtful, and pioneering
- Work well within a group setting, interacting professionally with team members and clients
- Be a self-starter with the ability to follow through with tasks to completion
- Demonstrate potential for growth and firm building
Lippincott is a creative consultancy specializing in brand and innovation. We have a passion for solving our clients’ toughest challenges with a proven combination of strategic rigor and design excellence. A pioneer since 1943, we have shaped some of the world’s most iconic brands and experiences.
Who We Are, Together…
We embody key values that drive our culture. We demand better, reach higher, and expect more of ourselves and our colleagues. We demonstrate gratitude, offer support, and embrace optimism every day. We celebrate debate, discussion, disagreement, and feedback, with an open mind to new ways of thinking and doing. We act with passion, intention, and goodwill while building on and elevating everyone’s contributions and sharing in our collective success.
In our pursuit to make it meaningful, we want our people to feel heard, respected and valued through our words and actions – goals we can only achieve with a sustained commitment to inclusion, diversity and belonging. We seek the best and brightest ideas from a diverse representation of backgrounds and experiences because we know that’s what it takes to continuously push the boundaries, solve our clients’ most complex challenges, and foster an inspiring culture of rigorous creativity. We celebrate and leverage our differences and our commonalities so everyone feels safe, supported and encouraged to be wide open, to say “yes, and!” and to demand better of ourselves and one another. We aspire to be positive role models for inclusion at an individual level, corporate level, and societal level.
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace of which we can all be proud.