Lippincott’s design team plays a pivotal role in expressing who a brand is, and how they connect with the world through the art of story and ideas. Our team works collaboratively and creatively across disciplines to help define some of America’s most iconic brands.
As an Art Director, you’ll blend your visual design skill and strategic mindset to tell a brand’s story through a variety of media— from digital to print and video. You will be both conceptually and idea driven, with a passion for type and imagery as well as the ability to write core headlines and the heart of a creative idea.
This role provides the opportunity to hone your design leadership style and become a trusted advisor to our clients while remaining hands-on with projects as you help to guide the work. Your work generating ideas and crafting a brand’s story will directly impact our client organizations inside and out, and in this role, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a growing capability within our firm and work on 360° campaign work for our clients.
In your day-to-day, you will:
Be Creative, Strategic, and Build Ideas
- Develop creative concepts in partnership with the Senior Copywriter
- Guide the campaign development process from start to finish — participate in team ideation, help advance all preliminary concepts into refined, comprehensive design solutions, and check accuracy and quality of all deliverables to highest standards to ensure delivery of the creative vision
- Create original designs to produce effective advertising campaigns
- Create brand identity systems
- Develop and write detailed campaign guidelines that will influence the external advertising and internal campaigns developed for our clients
Manage Time and Projects
- Prioritize and manage your time and workload in coordination with internals teams and clients to meet deadlines across multiple projects
- Document and archive all work and files logically and in a timely manner for team/studio access
- Act as a mentor to junior staff, assist in their development and training, provide constructive feedback, and direct them to develop solutions that push the boundaries of creativity while fulfilling strategic requirements
Communicate and Collaborate
- Communicate project objectives clearly to team members and clients
- Clearly articulate design ideas, share research findings and explain thought process to team members — both in writing and in person
- Guide team ideation and design critiques
- Work independently or with limited guidance to develop client presentations — including analysis of findings and strategic recommendations — and participate in delivering client presentations
- Maintain the client relationships, serving as a Lippincott representative in day-to-day communications, work with and influence junior/middle-level client contacts, and shape how our clients leverage design to develop their intellectual capital
- Participate in business development, identify opportunities for business expansion, pull case studies and preliminary audits together, assist in proposal writing, and present ideas
Who You Are:
Knowledgeable & Skilled
- 5+ years of quality creative experience on the agency side; can include conceptual in-house experience
- A portfolio of creative, polished work that demonstrates compelling visual solutions across all media
- A strategic mindset
- A deep understanding of design principles
- The ability to define and document great user-centered digital experiences.
- The ability to clearly and confidently present your work in front of both internal and external audiences
- Ability to keep up with current trends in digital design, development and communication technologies
- The ability to incorporate inputs from strategy, research, and other disciplines into design development
- Extensive abilities across the Adobe Suite of products, Figma, and with MS Office
- The ability to work independently in the face of complex assignments and seek clarity when necessary
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Passionate and Driven
- A strong motor and great work ethic and a desire to enhance and grow your skill set
- A great teammate internally and with external clients or audiences
- A self-starter with the ability to follow through with tasks to completion
Lippincott is a creative consultancy specializing in brand and innovation. We have a passion for solving our clients’ toughest challenges with a proven combination of strategic rigor and design excellence. A pioneer since 1943, we have shaped some of the world’s most iconic brands and experiences.
We recognize the benefits of flexibility but also value the interactions that happen when we come together. Our hybrid working model allows individuals to set their own cadence for working in their preferred environment with the expectation that they will be spending at least half of their time in their local office each month.
Who We Are, Together…
We embody key values that drive our culture. We demand better, reach higher, and expect more of ourselves and our colleagues. We demonstrate gratitude, offer support, and embrace optimism every day. We celebrate debate, discussion, disagreement, and feedback, with an open mind to new ways of thinking and doing. We act with passion, intention, and goodwill while building on and elevating everyone’s contributions and sharing in our collective success.
In our pursuit to make it meaningful, we want our people to feel heard, respected and valued through our words and actions – goals we can only achieve with a sustained commitment to inclusion, diversity and belonging. We seek the best and brightest ideas from a diverse representation of backgrounds and experiences because we know that’s what it takes to continuously push the boundaries, solve our clients’ most complex challenges, and foster an inspiring culture of rigorous creativity. We celebrate and leverage our differences and our commonalities so everyone feels safe, supported and encouraged to be wide open, to say “yes, and!” and to demand better of ourselves and one another. We aspire to be positive role models for inclusion at an individual level, corporate level, and societal level.
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace of which we can all be proud.