Our creative team of designers and strategists are passionate about what they do, and they need your support to help them with the tools and processes that underpin the work we do each day. It’s a fast-paced environment, so someone with drive, energy, and a proactive outlook will suit us perfectly.
A day in the life of…
The role of Administrator is to ensure the operations of our office are running smoothly, and provide support to our team by managing some of the administrative tasks, tools and processes that keep our business thriving. There are a number of specific responsibilities we need you to take care of:
Client project set-up and finance support: tracking the set up of new projects from confidentiality agreements, opening project codes, liaising with our legal department to ensure completion of contracts, logging receipt of purchase orders, expenses tracking, through to final invoicing. Liaising with our accounts department, project teams, and the client, to ensure all elements of this process are complete. Preparing for, attending, and recording decisions at regular revenue meetings.
Contracting/suppliers: liaising with the team and our Human Capital colleagues to ensure independent contractors have current agreements. Track expiry and update as required. Ensuring all supplier and contractor invoices are processed and sent to accounts.
Marketing and new business support: organising and maintaining our client contact database to ensure it’s always up-to-date with accurate information; helping our new business team prepare, coordinate, and send Lippincott marketing materials – from thought leadership pieces, to event invitations and Christmas cards.
Team holiday and time tracking: updating our weekly tracker of who’s working on what, as well as holiday plans, so the team has the information they need to plan and manage people’s time.
Partner support: completing partner expenses and time sheets and managing diaries in PA’s absence.
Keeping the office running: taking care of the general up-keep of the office, managing office supplies/workshop materials, and overseeing the maintenance of IT equipment.
Building the team: helping to organise team events such as lunches, sharing sessions, seasonal parties, days out, birthdays… to make sure we take time to celebrate, enjoy, relax, and learn together. And also being a key personality that brings their own energy to these tasks, and to the team.
Who we’re looking for
- has at least three years’ experience working in an administrative or customer service position; experience in management consultancy and/or a creative agency is an advantage, but not a necessity
- has a strong sense of service and dedication to deliver what our team needs to the very highest standard, paying careful attention to every detail, nothing is too small
- is an excellent communicator and negotiator, able to deal effectively with people at all levels, and across a multicultural environment
- displays maturity, poise and judgment, with the utmost discretion and attention to maintaining and respecting confidentiality
- is able to manage a heavy work volume, juggle several tasks at once, and prioritise and manage their own time to meet deadlines in an extremely fast-paced environment
- be a self-starter, with initiative, confidence, and ability to work with little guidance, and be happy, flexible and willing to take on tasks and responsibilities beyond the job description
- is a true team player, enjoys collaborating, and has a positive energy and sense of fun
- is open and communicative. Takes constructive feedback in their stride, and quickly and willingly applies it
- is methodical, organised, with excellent attention to detail, yet flexible in attitude, and ready to embrace new ways of doing things
The skills and qualifications you’ll need
- Mac proficiency
- Working competence in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of CRM systems is a plus (specifically Salesforce), but not a necessity – as long as you’re willing to learn
- Educated to at least A level standard, with GCSE level English and Mathematics (A-C grades)
- Touch typing speed of 50-60 wpm
- A formal typing qualification would be useful, but not a necessity
- A second language would be an advantage, as we’re a multicultural team serving international client teams